Varsity Vision is a national varsity scout training course which replaces the traditional varsity leader specific training. Both youth and adults are trained together in the ideal team model setting. The ward and stake young men’s presidencies, teacher’s quorum leadership, varsity team leadership, committee members, and all team members are encouraged to attend.
WHEN: October 21-23, 2016
TIME: Friday at *5pm - Saturday At 3pm
*Training starts at 7:30pm but best to arrive at 5pm to set up camp and eat dinner. Participants are in charge of their own dinner, breakfast and a quick lunch.
WHO: All Varsity Team (Teachers Quorum) Members, Teacher’s Quorum Advisors and Varsity Team Adult Leadership, Committee Members, Ward and Stake young men’s presidencies, and anyone 14+ years old who wants to understand the Varsity Program.
- Tomahawk Throwing
- Dodgeball or Ultimate Frisbee
- Capture the Flag (Friday Night)
- Service Project
- Varsity Legend obstacle course (Similar to SPARTAN GAMES)
All Participants (Youth and Adults) must sign the ACTIVITY CONSENT FORM and all youth must obtain proper parental/guardian permission. Anyone under the age of 18 years old must have the linked form signed by the youth parent or guardian and brought to this event.
LOCATION: Idaho Youth Ranch BaseCamp: 28371 El Paso Rd, Caldwell, ID 83607
FEE: $5.00 per participant (Youth & Adult) - Cost is for activity and training supplies only
Payment Deadline is Monday 10/17/2016 by 5pm at the scout office.
If you can’t make the payment deadline, please RSVP to Tim Taylor (see contact info below)
To REGISTER PLEASE print and return form below and fee to the scout office
Required for each participant, due at check in on October 21:
- Annual Health and Medical Record part A and B
- Parental or Guardian Permission and Medical Release
- Payment (if not paid for already at the scout office)
Items to bring and consider:
- Food to cook and eat as a group or individual (dinner, breakfast and a light lunch)
- Personal and group camping gear (appropriate for the weather)
- Rain fly and fasteners or EZ Up
- Camp chairs
- Drinking water (there is water but it does NOT pass testing)
- Camp fires are allowed but must be:
- In elevated patio type fire ring as to not scorch and sterilize grass and soil
- 20 feet from live or dead trees and foliage
- Eye wear and work gloves for service project
- Cooking table/surface
- There will be basic bathroom facilities (Porta Potties)
- Money for trading post if interested in purchasing a tomahawk or other Varsity gear
The Idaho Youth Ranch facility is a beautiful property but wasn’t designed for camping, so there are no camping perks like picnic tables, trash service, pavilion shelters etc. Porta Potties—YES.